Welcome

My name is Kristine Tirone. My goal is to do something I never thought I'd be able to do. Meaning, I never thought I'd even get close to having the opportunity to leave the country, or be involved with a class in this way. Setting standards for myself and working towards something is a new thing for me. I'm writing this blog to raise money to send my class to Costa Rica. Our class, as a whole, is trying to fundraise over $15,000. This will fund everything from our food, a place to stay, to our flight.

I'm getting a new understanding of what it's like to deserve what you work for. Before, I would sit back and let everyone do the work and I would take the credit. My personal struggles got in the way of my everyday functioning. My focus on education was lost to my other struggles. Not only was I not understanding the work, but I had an increasingly low work ethic. This all started to change over the summer of 2010. Bryan, my teacher, makes it known that he has an extremely low tolerance for slackers. I didn't want to disappoint him, and this motivation was new to me.

I realize as my interactions with people started to change, I started to as well. Bryan always expected nothing but good things from me, and I've given him nothing but that. I suppose if you feel a certain way or act a certain way, you become a certain way. From there it's history, ever since I've excelled in my school work and always do what I say I will. You're only as good as your word.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Were Here

Inhale. Exhale. I get off the plane and am welcomed with happy faces and sunshine. My first thought besides getting my luggage is, putting my shorts on! Flower in my hair and im ready to get on our taxi and go the cloud forest.
The ride in was AMAZING. The scenery was like nothing ive never seen before in good old New Hampshire. The trees are much higher the leaves are much greener. The flowers colors are vibrant and bonita (beautiful). I was and am over welmed with powerful emotions of good feelings and vibes. I am so proud. Pura Vida , good life.

1 comment: